To sponsor please contact us at.
Phone: +61 (03) 6442 3666
Link to Fresh Promotional Products for Community Groups Fresh PromotionsIf you have a community event restarting let CoastFM know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can add it to on air and web page promotions free of charge.
Devonport - Jazz Festival 22nd to 25th July 2021
The Devonport Jazz Festival is an annual jazz festival which takes place every July in venues throughout Devonport.
Some of the events include:
Thursday 22nd July 2021
- Gospel Song – Level 3 Paranaple Centre Rooke Street
- Skit Scat Raggedy Cat - 19 Thomas Street, East Devonport Primary School
- ABC Radio Live Broadcast – Aberdeen Room Paranaple Centre Rooke Street
- The Projekt @ Rubican Grove – 89 Club Drive, Shearwater
- Saucy Jack & His Ripper Band – Mersey Yacht Club – 6 Anchor Drive East Devonport
- Katie Noonan – The Sweetest Taboo – Town Hall Theatre Paranaple Arts Centre
- Musos In the Mall – Rooke Street
- Jazz in the Pavilion – Providore Place – Oldaker Street
- Billy Whitton – Randal Muir Trio – Pub Rock Diner Rooke Street
- Bitches Brew @ Spreyton Cider
- Pure Jazz Session – Ingrid James Quintet Town Hall Theatre Paranaple Arts Centre
- The Projekt – The Central Bar – 80 Formby Road
- Pure Jazz Session with Paul Grabowsky - Paranaple Arts Centre
- Recipe for Romance Devonport Jazz Gala - Level 3 Paranaple Centre Rooke Street
- Bitches Brew @ Devonport Hockey Club
- Billy Whitton – Randal Muir Trio – Alexander Hotel
- Australia Army Band @ Devonport RSL Macfie Street
- Dark Annie Tribute to Bessie Smith at the Don River Railway
- Swing Bop & Brazil with the Ingrid James Quintet – Wharf Road Ulverstone
Email email@example.com or check out the web site at http://www.devonportjazz.com.au .
NW Coast - CTST Community Drivers Wanted Ongoing
It will be held at the Menai Motel in Burnie from midday for at 12:30 start.
All past and present players are welcome to attend please RSVP Rita on 0408 516 616 by the Saturday 7th August
Penguin - Senior Citizens - 29th of July 2021
Also the club's social is held every second Thursday at 1.30pm on Pension week. There will be a great line-up of artists and afternoon tea to follow. Come along and enjoy an afternoon of fun. New members very most welcome. Cost is $5 and there will be raffle and door prizes on the day. Please contact Barbara Murray for further information on 0498 488 589.
The next fundraiser is a Country and Western afternoon on the 21st August at the club, 1 Crescent Street, Penguin. Come along and enjoy a wonderful afternoon with friends. Cost is $6. There will be door and raffle prizes on the day. A plate of afternoon tea would be appreciated.
For further information please contact Barbara on 0498 488 589.
Burnie - Girl Guides - Saturday 31st July
The guides will gladly and gratefully accept donations of items to sell, or people may like to book a table, at a cost of $10.00, to sell their own items. We’ll accept anything at all except old TVs, computers, printers, videos and such, and can provide a pick-up service if necessary. When school term 3 begins, items may be dropped off at the Guide Hall, 15 Howe Street, on Tuesday afternoons between 4.00 and 6.30, or Wednesday or Thursday evenings between 6.00 and 8.30 – or by other arrangement made by calling 6431 1708 or 0409 661 695. There’ll be a sausage sizzle on the day too, and a few of our very last ever Girl Guide biscuits will be on sale.
Please let’s make this a really successful day as some of the proceeds will help the girls attend future special camps and events!
Wynyard Concert Band - Country Concerts - 30th July 2021
- Friday July 30th at the Elliott Hall from 6:30pm
- Sunday August 1st at the Togari Community Centre from 2pm
Entry by donation at the door.
Enquiries: Contact Mitch Martin 0499 029 919
Guest artist is Kevin Donohue. Door prizes, etc. and afternoon tea! Everybody welcome! Enquiries phone Coral Blake 0364522089
Circular Head Garden Club Annual and General meetings Wednesday 28th July 7.30 pm at Senior Citizens Centre at 7.30 pm.
Members Choice cut flowers. Everybody welcome!
Enquiries Phone 0427561374 or 0417201771.
Country Music on the Coast - August 2021
|Date||Country Club||Time||Details||Cost||Contact||Donation to|
|1st Aug||Inglis Country Afternoon||1 - 5pm||Wharf Hotel||Walk Up Artist Welcome - Tea & Coffee Available||$5||John 0407 298 506||Coast FM|
|8th Aug||Penguin Country Afternoon||1 - 5pm||Sports Club||Everyone Welcome - Lunch Available||$5||Dusty 0419 332 195||Mandy Smith|
|15th Aug||North West Country Afternoon||1 - 5pm||Senior Citizens||Everyone Welcome - Hot Lunch Available||$5||Neville 0417 576 149||SES|
|22nd Aug||Somerset Country Afternoon||1 - 5pm||4A Old Cam Rd||Everyone Welcome - BYO Lunch nibblies||$5||John 0407 298 506|
|28th Aug||Somerset Country Evening||7 - 11pm||4A Old Cam Rd||Everyone Welcome - BYO Ladies a Plate Please||$5||Linden 0459 221 787|
Somerset - Country Music Evening – 31st July 2021
Cost of $5 entry - ladies a plate please. Everyone and walk up artists welcome
Further information contact Linden 0459 221 787
It is with great excitement that the cast and crew of St Brendan-Shaw College bring to the stage, We Will Rock You. Featuring more than 20 hit Queen songs, We Will Rock You School Edition follows two revolutionaries as they try to save Rock in a post-apocalyptic world. Featuring the songs “Another One Bites the Dust,” “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “Killer Queen,” “We Will Rock You,” “Somebody To Love,” “We Are The Champions,” “Don’t Stop Me Now” and many more.
Information and bookings at http://www.paranapleartscentre.com.au
Ulverstone - MCT Mates Coffee Club – Ongoing
The club meets at the Hennessy’s Café Bakehouse – Reibey Street Ulverstone at 10am every Monday. For further information contact Greg on 0400 604 231 or check out the website http://www.mencaretoo.org
Tasmania - Men Care Too – Ongoing
For further information check out the website http://www.mencaretoo.org
Ulverstone - Mr Perfect BBQs – Ongoing
The Ulverstone Mr Perfect BBQ kicks off at 11am rain hail or shine on the 1st Sunday of month in Bicentennial Park, near “Otto’s Grotto” and is free to attend.
For further information contact Greg on 0400 604 231 or check out the website http://www.mrperfect.org.au
Ulverstone - The Man Walk – Ongoing
Tasmania - Men’s Health Report Card – Ongoing
- Men die 6.2 years younger than women
- 3 in 4 road deaths are males
- 4 in 5 heart disease deaths under 65 are men
- 1 in 4 men report low levels of social support
- 3 in 4 suicides are men
Confidential – anonymous – free online tools and resources to manage depression and anxiety:
- MyCompass – www.mycompass.org.au
- Mindspot – www.mindspot.org.au
- MoodGym - www.moodgym.com.au
- Carer Gateway – 1800 422 737 (8am to 6pm M-F)
- QLife (GBTI) – 1800 184 527 (3pm – 12am 7days)
- Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467 24/7)
- Open Arms (Veterans) – 1800 011 046 (24/7)
- GriefLine – 1300 845 745 (12pm to 3am)
- Lifeline SMS – 0477 13 11 14 (12pm to midnight)
Ulverstone - Cradle Country Music Festival 8th to 10th Oct 2021
- Anthony Tenace
- Destiny Duo
- Long and Short of It and
- Hoffman’s Band
- Plus local Tassie Talent with
- Reel Country Band
- Rino Morea
- Montana Lipscombe
- Linda King
- Dean Richardson
- Colin Roles
- Whiskey Rose and Shirl Brown
Ulverstone - The Cup of Kindness
Tasmania - Carers Tasmania - Ongoing
Carers Tasmania is the only organisation completely dedicated to supporting the needs and representing the views of Carers throughout Tasmania
For further information call 1800 242 636 or visit www.carestas.org
Vinnies Food Van - Times & Locations across the North West Coast
- at the Community House in Wiseman Street from 6pm to 6:25pm.
- and then Parkside from 6:30pm to 6:55pm
- Acton Church Madden Street from 6pm to 6:25pm.
- and then Burnie Marrine Terrace from 6:30pm to 6:55pm
- St Brigid's Church Carpark Madden Street from 6pm to 6:25pm.
- and then Saunders Street Units Carpark from 6:30pm to 6:55pm
- St Brigid's Church Carpark Madden Street from 6pm to 6:25pm.
- and then Beamish Avenue from 6:30pm to 6:55pm
Somerset - Vinnies Community Hub
- Craft with Jan weekly on Wed from 10am to noon.
- Dining with Friends fortnightly on Thurs from 12 to 2pm
Tasmania - Reliable Computers Ongoing
Not sure where to start?
Work Ventures can help – a non for profit enterprise using technology to create vibrant, inclusive and sustainable communities.
Work Ventures collaborates with corporate partners to engage vulnerable youth in training and meaningful employment while given technology a second life to provide affordable computers and support to those most in need.
All devices are reliable with a 6 month warranty and free technical support.
Browse all options at https://www.shop.workventure.com.au
NW Tasmania - NW Community Legal Centre INC - Ongoing
The service provides face to face or phone interviews – appointments preferred to cover a broad range of legal issues. There is also a community legal service that can provide a speaker/solicitor to talk to a community groups and schools.
To book an appointment call 6424 8720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The office is located at 62 Stewart Street Devonport.
NW Tasmania - Concerns about Aged Care - Ongoing
Check out the My Age Care web site at https://www.myagedcare.gov.au or phone 1800 200 422
There is also an advocacy service to provide information about rights and responsibilities raising issues with service providers and support during the complaint process – Call the National Age Care Advocacy line on 1800 700 600
National - Dementia Australia - Ongoing
Sheffield - Steam and Heritage Centre
Check out the web page https://www.sheffieldsteam.com.au
East Devonport - NW Australian Plants Society
For further information contact Ritta on 6428 6909 or check out the website www.apstas.org.au
Burnie - Garden Club
For further information contact Stella on 6435 1817 or email email@example.com
Devonport - Bingo at the Our Lady of Lourdes
The Red Cross Lifeblood in Burnie and Devonport are always seeking healthy people aged 18 to 70 at their Blood donation centres – 117 Wilson Street in Burnie and 40 Oldaker Street in Devonport. The donor centres have great friendly people that will make you comfortable as go through the donation that will save many lives. Check out the web site www.donateblood.com.au and find out when each centre is open for your donation.
Take pleasure in the extensive landscaping that includes walking tracks, lakes, bridges and gazebos Absorb the tranquil atmosphere, the colours, the scents, the sounds of this incredible awe inspiring garden
The gardens have guided tours by arrangement, with function centre, parking for motor homes and caravans is disable friendly
The Rhododendron garden is located 8 kms from Burnie - follow the Ridgley Highway then onto Cascade Road and follow the signs. The gardens are opened 9am to 5 daily. Entry Fees apply.
For further information contact 6433 1805 - email firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out their web page www.emuvalleyrhodo.com.au
Burnie - Burnie Salvation Army - Ongoing